Friday, August 3, 2012

Questions & Answers

On August 18th, I will be traveling to Buenos Aires, Argentina (that's in South America).  I will land in EZE airport, feel very lost and stupid for leaving my country without a job or a real plan, and then find my friends, Elicia and Jeremias Ramirez, there to pick me up and help me feel very unlost on my first day of 20 weeks in another country and language.

I'll be living in downtown Buenos Aires until January, 2013. My plans are to study Spanish with a language school, volunteer, and maybe teach some English and learn some Tango.  Then, I'll come back to the states and find a job...hopefully I'll be able to use Spanish--but, if not, money is good so I'll work where I can.

Answers to your questions:
Yes, it will be mostly very safe.
Yes, I'm scared and nervous.
No, I haven't started packing--I probably won't until the week of leaving.
Yes, I have been there before (for Elicia's and Jeremias', the previously mentioned friends, wedding in 2011).
Yes, it is possible... I could end up wanting to stay... but, unlikely.
Yes, my parents are nervous for me.
No, Matt (my bf) isn't going with me--but, he will visit.
Yes, I will have access to coffee every morning... No one has actually asked me this--I'm just reassuring myself.

What are my classes like?
I will study 4 hours of intensive Spanish each day for 21 weeks.  The classes are capped at 7 students per class.  According to Google Maps, the school is about a 13 minute walk (1mi) from the apartment I'll be sharing with up to 3 other students.  I won't get university credit; I will only get the opportunity to attempt to become fluent.

Right now, I'm worried about who's going to take the most gold medals in the London Olympics and whether or not I should put 3 scoops or 5 in my morning coffee for tomorrow.

Any other questions?  Feel free to ask...

No comments:

Post a Comment