Thursday, October 11, 2012

Momentos: Bienvenidos

Bienvenidos! = Welcome!

"Bienvenidos," is such a welcome sound.  There have been many times when I've gone somewhere new that the automatic response from the Argentines who I meet is, "Bienvenidos!"  It's honestly not what I expect--I'm not exactly sure why, but it's always a surprise.  While surprising, it's also very soothing and heart warming :)

After hearing, "Bienvenidos," so many times from people here who are strangers to me, I now firmly feel that I'll be making a concerted effort to always make welcoming proclamations to all I meet who have just entered my own country from afar.  Being a foreigner is not easy, and if one word can ease some of the discomfort for another person, I'll be saying it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment