Thursday, December 27, 2012

Interesting Things: Turkey Day in a Country where it does not Exist

Elicia and I hosted Thanksgiving Dinner at her apartment. There was no cranberry sauce, no American Football, and no fall leaves.  But we did have awesome decor, Chileans, a Brit, and Jeremias--the lone Argentine. We had so much food, there was barely room on the table to eat.  I ended up throwing out the candied yams because they were ugly and tasted worse than they looked, I had my first experience with brining and carving a turkey, and got to have lots of fun with people from all over the world.  My favorite part: when we honored the tradition to share what we were each thankful for.  I'm so glad we got to all share the day together.  

The Centerpiece 


Mario was ready to eat everything... even though he wasn't sure what it all was--being unaccustomed to American food.



Cute Couple--Elicia and Jeremias 


The guys playing video games.  We women stayed at the table and talked a lot. 



 Gloria (Chilean), Maih (Chilean), Kayla (American), Donna (British)

No comments:

Post a Comment